• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

The Things I'm Saying Goodbye to....

"George Thomas Kensington the Bear the First." My faithful bed-buddy since Jan-term 2001. Sorry bud. No room for you in the suitcase. When you get to the attic, don't listen to the Velveteen Rabbit. He tells lies.


My car. Enjoy your retirement in Mom & Dad's driveway. Afterall, you've earned a rest after 185,000 miles. Love ya. Mean it.



My sweet family. I can't talk about it...Tissue please?


The "Foxes on Knox" house. Good times, girls. Good times.



My Vicks Vapor-Rub Warm-Mist Humidifier, a.k.a "Eva". How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I literally can't breathe without you, you tall slender wonder of white molded plastic.

"Rob" the robot vacuum. You were a good little house bot. But then I sold you on Craigslist, and had to sweep the floors myself, like I was a regular person stuck in 1999, without your robot cleaning power. It has been nothing but agony and torture since. I will miss bossing you around every morning before I left for work. You took it so well.  




My custom built, canary yellow & red Cannondale road bike. Don't worry honey, we're just on a break. Be nice to Christina.




Curls Rock by Bedhead. Goodbye nectar-of-life, sweet-milk-of-all-that-is-good-and-holy. At $16.99 per 5oz, I never could afford you anyways.... Here's to the frizzies.




Good 'ole 110 volt electricity. I'll try not to fry anything, like my friend Emily did, but I make no promises.



That's it for now! Stay tuned for my adventures in packing!

Read More 4 comments | Posted by Amy | edit post

4 comments

  1. Emily on January 21, 2011 at 6:18 AM

    I might adore this post. :)

     
  2. Casey on January 21, 2011 at 4:29 PM

    A few other things you are going to miss:

    1) me of course
    2) Starbucks and coffee in general. They (of course) have coffee in SA but hot tea is definitely more their thing.
    3) Mexican food & queso. They don't share the love like we do.
    4) Fall in Tennessee
    5) a wind-free life: you've thought you've felt the wind before. no, my friend. Cape Town's wind makes the wind in Chicago seem like a nice breeze.

    Things you won't miss:
    1) winter
    2) being hurried & being on time- they don't really work on a time schedule in SA :)
    3) American football
    4) American consumerism
    5) sweet tea - they definitely don't have it but you don't drink it so...
    6) American tv

     
  3. Wendi Leah on January 21, 2011 at 7:14 PM

    Other things you'll miss:

    1. Commenting on stupid people on tv
    2. yelling at me from your room
    3. borrowing my clothing and accessories (no, wait, that's what I'll miss)
    4. talking ridiculously southern and having people know that you're making fun of country people
    5. and me, of course

     
  4. Kaylan on January 25, 2011 at 12:45 AM

    Mmmmmmiyako's? Gross. But you'll probably miss it. :)

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

  • About:
      Supported by her home church, Brentwood Baptist in Nashville, TN, Amy moved across the world in 2011 and accepted a volunteer missionary nursing position with Living Hope in Cape Town, South Africa, where she works with impoverished people affected by HIV, TB, cancer and other life threatening illnesses. She went on to marry Steve in 2013, and in doing so has made South Africa her second home. She now considers herself to be in a long- term cross-cultural relationship, both in marriage and in ministry. Keep reading for stories from Living Hope and from life in South Africa. Thanks for reading along!
  • Contact Info:


    e-mail: nurseamyaaron@gmail.com

    Facebook:
    Amy Aaron
    Skype:
    amyhelms04

    To donate to my ministry:
    http://www.brentwoodmissions.com/

    Living Hope:
    http://www.livinghope.co.za/



    What Time Is It in South Africa?

    Blog Archive

    • ► 2014 (1)
      • ► August (1)
    • ► 2013 (5)
      • ► August (1)
      • ► June (2)
      • ► February (2)
    • ► 2012 (27)
      • ► November (1)
      • ► October (2)
      • ► September (3)
      • ► August (2)
      • ► July (4)
      • ► June (2)
      • ► May (2)
      • ► March (2)
      • ► February (6)
      • ► January (3)
    • ▼ 2011 (121)
      • ► December (2)
      • ► November (9)
      • ► October (7)
      • ► September (6)
      • ► August (6)
      • ► July (11)
      • ► June (9)
      • ► May (13)
      • ► April (15)
      • ► March (17)
      • ► February (13)
      • ▼ January (13)
        • Humility: Part Two
        • Humility: Part One
        • Just do it already...
        • Interview with Mike Glen
        • The Things I'm Taking With Me...
        • I love you and...
        • The Things I'm Saying Goodbye to....
        • Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
        • MLK
        • What do I want out of this experience?
        • Why exactly are you doing this?
        • Exactly what I needed to hear...
        • I would like to thank the Academy...
    • ► 2010 (5)
      • ► December (3)
      • ► November (2)

    Subscribe to my blog:

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright One day at a time.... All rights reserved.
    Blogger Templates | Free Wordpress Templates. presents HD TV Watch Futurama Online. Featured on Singapore Wedding Favors.
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top