• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

It's my blog...

And I'll cry if I want to.

Things have been a little harder lately. Not bad hard, but more challenging/difficult hard.

It's way more fun to blog about the lighthearted/quirky stuff, mostly because the light stuff isn't as gut-level honest.

I'm not sure when/how/if I'm supposed to admit that I'm homesick, but I am.

I'm not doubting my calling or wishing I WAS home, but after 2 1/2 months, I definitely miss the ease, comfort and convenience of the good ole' US of A.

But you know what I'm grateful for? That the hard stuff is also the good stuff. I know deep down in my heart, that this is GOOD for me. God has been more than faithful. I am learning so much. God is teaching me so much and His Word is sustaining me, which is what I prayed for!

It's a commitment that isn't easy. But sometimes easy doesn't equal better.

My pastor said this weekend that the key to his success in his entire ministry has only been to memorize one verse of the Bible and then repeat to himself 6,000 times a day.

 "Let us not grow weary in doing good,
 for at the proper time
we will reap a harvest
IF we do not give up!"
Galations 6:9

So that's my plan for today. God is good. He is on the throne. His kingdom IS coming. And I get to be a part of it, IF I don't give up!

Thanks for your prayers!
Read More 4 comments | Posted by Amy | edit post

4 comments

  1. Anonymous on May 16, 2011 at 12:49 PM

    Hi. We don't know each other and i'm not even sure how i ended up on your blog, but anyway. My point is: thank you. So much. I really needed this today.

    I will be praying for you :)

     
  2. Casey on May 17, 2011 at 1:17 AM

    I L-O-V-E you & we Amy-sick here :)

     
  3. Michelle on May 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM

    We are praying for you and we are missing you! Cate asks just about every day if you've come home yet! Hang in there-your mom is coming soon!

     
  4. Kaylan on May 21, 2011 at 1:12 AM

    You are loved, missed, and not forgotten, sweet sister. Keep your chin up and your eyes on Him. Love you so much...

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

  • About:
      Supported by her home church, Brentwood Baptist in Nashville, TN, Amy moved across the world in 2011 and accepted a volunteer missionary nursing position with Living Hope in Cape Town, South Africa, where she works with impoverished people affected by HIV, TB, cancer and other life threatening illnesses. She went on to marry Steve in 2013, and in doing so has made South Africa her second home. She now considers herself to be in a long- term cross-cultural relationship, both in marriage and in ministry. Keep reading for stories from Living Hope and from life in South Africa. Thanks for reading along!
  • Contact Info:


    e-mail: nurseamyaaron@gmail.com

    Facebook:
    Amy Aaron
    Skype:
    amyhelms04

    To donate to my ministry:
    http://www.brentwoodmissions.com/

    Living Hope:
    http://www.livinghope.co.za/



    What Time Is It in South Africa?

    Blog Archive

    • ► 2014 (1)
      • ► August (1)
    • ► 2013 (5)
      • ► August (1)
      • ► June (2)
      • ► February (2)
    • ► 2012 (27)
      • ► November (1)
      • ► October (2)
      • ► September (3)
      • ► August (2)
      • ► July (4)
      • ► June (2)
      • ► May (2)
      • ► March (2)
      • ► February (6)
      • ► January (3)
    • ▼ 2011 (121)
      • ► December (2)
      • ► November (9)
      • ► October (7)
      • ► September (6)
      • ► August (6)
      • ► July (11)
      • ► June (9)
      • ▼ May (13)
        • -Nadine-
        • A New Normal
        • ~Package Instructions~
        • -Thoughtful Thursdays-
        • Open Day!
        • Sharon? Sharon Who?
        • It's my blog...
        • Sometimes it's the little things...
        • ~Things I'm Into These Days~
        • ~Tennessee~
        • April
        • ~Photo of the Day~
        • Changing the World
      • ► April (15)
      • ► March (17)
      • ► February (13)
      • ► January (13)
    • ► 2010 (5)
      • ► December (3)
      • ► November (2)

    Subscribe to my blog:

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright One day at a time.... All rights reserved.
    Blogger Templates | Free Wordpress Templates. presents HD TV Watch Futurama Online. Featured on Singapore Wedding Favors.
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top